Old 16-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Bill Oliver

In article ,
Roy wrote:

Hard to belive with all the projected pathgs maps out there you just
now find out Ivan is gonna head your way....

It's not really a matter of the path as much as the projected remaining
strength. I live in the mountains in northern Georgia. *Most* of the
hurricanes that hit the southeast coast manage to wander over here;
it's just that they are all pretty much spent by the time they get
here. The hurricane that blew the roof off my brother-in-law's house a
couple of weeks ago dropped 3 inches of rain and blew over a dead pecan
tree in my yard. No big deal.

What's different this time is the projection that it is going to still
be pretty powerful and is going to get caught and sit on top of us for
awhile. The real danger is tornadoes at this point. In fact, it's
pretty dark and scary out there right now, and it's not scheduled to
be over until early Saturday.

billo