Old 11-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Charles Quinn

In article fc.003d094101d3566b3b9aca00751d5aac.1d35732@pmug. org, (Glenna Rose) wrote:
writes:
Cut every vine back as far as you can cut it (below soil level if
possible). Every two weeks, check for any new growth and cut it back.
The reason this works is that the blackberry plant pulls energy into the
roots from the greenery. As it starts new shoots, it must use some of
that stored energy to continue to grow. Each time the young sprout is cut
back (which is why it must happen with the new growth before it has time
to store much energy), the root system has a negative balance on energy
stored which eventually destroys the plant's root system which leaves that
plant dead.

Cut and pour on some boiling water.

--

Charles
The significant problems we face cannot be solved