Old 16-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Ka30P" wrote in message

Hi Nasa,

Water forms layers when it is cold. The bottom of the pond can be several
degrees warmer than the top. Someone here once measured the temps with a
thermometer.

I plan to do this very experiment this winter. I am currently evaluating
three solutions.

1. A piece of PVC with aquarium syle stick on thermometers placed at regular
intervals. I would place this in the pond and then retrieve and take
readings as neccessary.

2. Buy a single water proof probe. Attach it to a stick, and take
measurements by placing it into the pond at different depths.

3. A better idea that RichToybox will suggest.

BV.