Old 16-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Derek Broughton

Gale Pearce wrote:

I have never used dechlor in 10 yrs,
just sprayed any water I added to aerate it and had no problems with

spraying also helps with temperature - your added water may not be pond
temperature, but at least closer to air temperature than your typical water
supply. It's not particularly good to add a solid stream of water that
might be 20F cooler than the pond.

chlorine - Actually I was just reading that dechlor does not remove
chloramine from water anyway - it just "breaks" the bond between chlorine
and ammonia (chloramine) so the chlorine will dissipate and your biofilter

That was definitely true of the old dechlorination products - I don't know
if it's still true. In any case, people tend not to think that chloramine
contains _two_ things that are bad for your fish - chlorine and ammonia

takes care of the ammonia - I don't have the wepage bookmarked anymore,
but someone here sent me the link and it's under "Tip 18"

http://www.pondrushes.net/tips.htm

believe it or not, I just googled: "tip 18" chloramine
--
derek