Old 16-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Pam Moore

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 15:44:08 GMT, Pam Moore
wrote:

Some of you may remember that earlier in the year I asked a question
about a clematis in a friend's garden that you decided was a viticella
species; small blue bells on quite a prolific climber. My "must have"
plant.
However, the plant is covered in what appear to be seed pods.
All clematis seeds I have ever seen have fluffy tails. These are
clusters of little things that break up into what look like pale green
lentils! Are they seeds? Will they be viable? I've never seen their
like before.

Thanks Rusty, I might try cuttings again though I'm not sure I under
stand **complete nodes with half a node either side**
Emrys, I don't think I can do this in a neighbour's garden but I'd
love to try.
Janet, I have had success with seed: alpina and seed from *Fireworks*

My big question still is about the apparent seeds that look like
lentils. Can anyone enlighten me about clematis seeds without fluffy
tails.
Cahrlie?

Pam in Bristol