Old 17-09-2004, 12:15 AM
Norman

Yes, thats right, alright!!! I have had a bad experience when I didn't check
the oil and the motor seized up. Still it didn't deter me from getting the
motor fixed as the mower is so good.

I notice that all of the lawn mowing contractors in our area use Honda
mowers too.

Norman

"Andy" wrote in message
As long as you remember to check the oil level.
Isn't that right, Norman?

Woof

"Norman" wrote in message
I've had a Honda 4 stroke for about 4 years now and its great. As Len

says,
its not good to use a 4 stroke on steep inclines, but if you are on

fairly
flat ground, go the Honda.

Norman

"Ken" wrote in message
I need to replace my old Victa which has been cutting my lawn for over

25
years. Motor still goes well but the body has bits broken off around

the
skirt, and some of the grass is coming out of these gaps instead of

going
into the catcher.

I wanted to buy another Victa but when I looked at some models I

noticed
they are not as well built these days. I was put off when I saw things

like
the wire brackets holding the front axel on. I also thought the

galvanised
panel bolted underneath in front of the blade disk looked like a weak

part.

Can anyone suggest a well built mower, preferably 2 stroke.

Thanks
Ken