Old 16-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Craig Cowing

Kitsune Miko wrote:

Off line, Iris and I were musing about the variety of
new years celbration dates. She reminded me that they
go from September through the beginning of February.
Many of these celebrations are tied into agricultural
events, harvest, budding, dormancy, etc.

So what do you think would be an appropriate bonsai
new years date?

Kitsune Miko

In colonial New England the beginning of the year was March 25, basically the
beginning of spring. That's why when you see dates before 1752 falling between
January 1 and March 24 (inclusive) you'll see them written as January 25, 1745/6
(meaning 1746). Being a native New Englander, I'd go with that date.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++