Old 17-09-2004, 02:38 AM
Roy

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:58:39 -0000, (Bill Oliver)
wrote:

===In article ,
===Roy wrote:
===
===Hard to belive with all the projected pathgs maps out there you just
===now find out Ivan is gonna head your way....
===
===
===It's not really a matter of the path as much as the projected remaining
===strength. I live in the mountains in northern Georgia. *Most* of the
===hurricanes that hit the southeast coast manage to wander over here;
===it's just that they are all pretty much spent by the time they get
===here. The hurricane that blew the roof off my brother-in-law's house a
===couple of weeks ago dropped 3 inches of rain and blew over a dead pecan
===tree in my yard. No big deal.
===
===What's different this time is the projection that it is going to still
===be pretty powerful and is going to get caught and sit on top of us for
===awhile. The real danger is tornadoes at this point. In fact, it's
===pretty dark and scary out there right now, and it's not scheduled to
===be over until early Saturday.
===
===billo

Old Ivan dumped 19 1/2" on me in less than 12 hours time.......Once he
got here I never thought he was gonna leave. I only suffered minor
damges to house and out buildings but have close to 2 dozen trees that
are gonna have to come down, and thats not counting the ones he took
down fully, The ones remaining are all 100+ foot tall long leaf pines
and oaks. The pines have ost of the limbs and tops busted out of them,
and the oaks are all leaning pretty bad, I have sandy soil so its not
gonna take much more for them to fall on their own..so they have to
come down.
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.