Old 17-09-2004, 03:34 AM
Bill Oliver

In article ,
Roy wrote:

Old Ivan dumped 19 1/2" on me in less than 12 hours time.......Once he
got here I never thought he was gonna leave. I only suffered minor
damges to house and out buildings but have close to 2 dozen trees that
are gonna have to come down, and thats not counting the ones he took
down fully, The ones remaining are all 100+ foot tall long leaf pines
and oaks. The pines have ost of the limbs and tops busted out of them,
and the oaks are all leaning pretty bad, I have sandy soil so its not
gonna take much more for them to fall on their own..so they have to
come down.

My condolences. So far we have lost only two or three mature trees,
though I am sure there will be more when we go out to look at
the damage tomorrow evening. The hurricane did not get stuck here,
but moved on up into Tennessee with some alacrity.

billo