Old 17-09-2004, 03:45 AM
Jim Carlock

Yeah, I've got a good feeling it's a weed. I didn't plant, it just
popped up one day and I decided to let it grow thinking it
would stop at 1 foot, but it's up to 42" now. No buds or
flowers. It looks like one of those things where if you ever
did see it, as in walking through a bunch of brush or a high
grassy area, you'd likely just walk on it and crush it without
ever knowing about it. :-) I probably have seen it on one
of the grassy knolls at the beach here in the Tampa Bay
at one point or another.

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the newsgroup.

"Frogleg" wrote:
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 13:47:17 GMT, escapee wrote:
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 05:01:52 GMT, "Jim Carlock" opined:

http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...other/3965.jpg
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...r/3858-640.jpg
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...other/3967.jpg

The main stem has white fuzz all the way up. The
leaves at the top look somewhat like blades of grass.
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...her/3858-2.jpg

Could be cosmos, the common orange wildflower.

Nope. It's a weed. I know I've seen it and pulled it up, but I don't
remember what it is. Why aren't there any good weed ID sites? Va Tech
has one, but it's only for grass-type weeds and takes *forever* to
use, as all the pictures are way under-compressed.