Old 17-09-2004, 10:54 AM
GirlNextDoor

"Stephen Oakes" wrote in message
I have an old "Victa". I don't know how old, but I'm sure it's over 10
years old. It still goes, but it got a bit hard to start, so I bought a

new
Victa Corvette Series 400. What a piece of junk that is. It's only a

year
old and now only starts half the time - and sometimes even after it starts
it stalls a lot.

I made the mistake of replacing my old Victa with a new Victa Corvette too.
The old one was used to mow down and mulch 6 foot pine trees and various
shrubs and saplings on 3 untamed acres. I gave it a real workout. One hour
of mowing most days through summer and spring over 5 years and the mower was
still going strong. It caught fire while mowing over pine needles one day
and was up and running again after replacing the melted parts. The mower has
now retired to suburbia to mow a small backyard as my mower repair person
refused to fix it again.

The Corvette was in for repairs one week after I bought it. The diaphram
(whatever that is) was faulty. Had the same part replaced again several
months later. Just had the mower repaired again. $200 worth of damage after
I hit something. The axle bent and fell off and a wheel cracked!

Might be time to buy a slasher. :-)

GND

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a strategy by Victa to sell more mowers.

--
Stephen Oakes