Old 17-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Ignoramus26859 said:

In article , Pat Kiewicz wrote:

I don't believe the diet *caused* the cancer but rather *promoted*
its growth. (The cancer was diffuse rather than a discrete tumor,
therefore not removeable.)

What promotes tumor growth is higher level of blood sugar, which you
would typically get on a high carb diet.

He'd been on ultra-low carb diet for a number of years...

Best advice, based on years of reading (in science and nutrition):
eat plenty of nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables.

That is not incompatible with low carbing. I am low carbing and I eat
more vegs and fruits than most average people. My fruits are peppers
and tomatoes. (they are technically fruits, although I tend to think
about them as vegs)

I hope you prefer the sweet, ripe peppers to the green ones. Far more
nutritious.

Blueberries are among the most phyto-chemically rich fruits you can eat.
Plus dark-colored grapes and plums. How about peaches and colorful
melons?

As for veggies, diet that discourages you from eating carrots and deep orange
sweet potatoes is silly.

Final word.

(attributed to Don Marti)