Old 17-09-2004, 10:27 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message
from "Charlie Pridham" contains these words:

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in message

Try planting some new acidanthera corms out next spring with at
least a foot of soil over them.

They might get a bit waterlogged at that depth :-)

Why would she dig them up? are they tender? grows like a weed here but
flowers sparsely unless new bulbs in a pot.

Do you mulch them in winter at all?

Janet.

No, but they are very deep, I did not plant them more than 6" down but most
of the corms are deeper than that now which is why they are still there as I
can not get at them to remove them! (No point having them if they never
flower) We generally do very well with gladiolus, papilio is a particular
favourite, Have you seen the new one called 'Ruby'? its stunning :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk