Old 17-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Mike

"Victoria Clare" wrote

2) get some copper tape and attach it to the fence where the slugs need
to sit to get at the feeder.

This really does work, unlikely though it seems. I had the same problem
with slugs climbing into my rabbits' house and pinching their food.
Copper tape around the edge of the bowl stopped the problem completely
and immediately.

It is a very cheap and rough larch lap panel, so I wonder if the copper tape
will adhere for any length on time - got to be worth a try though !

As for the mouse population, there are enough (too many !) cats in the area
to control that
Mike
with a garden in Wigan, facing rainclouds in every direction