Old 17-09-2004, 04:43 PM
FarmerDill

Years ago, when I began my gardening career, I used to grow an Acorn
Squash
that had a very compact growth habit instead of sprawling all over the
garden. Can't remember the variety for the life of me...anyone?

Burpee has a few at www.burpee.com
I haven't grown them for a few years because I no longer order from Burpee
and I have space enough for vines. As I recall, they are less productive
and will tend to vine somewhat if over-watered. Several others like Parks
and Johnny's have "semi-bush" types that might work for you but I have no
experience with them. Olin

I have grown the bush cultivar Table King. Growth habit is very much like a
zuchini. Actually the acorns were larger and more uniform than the vining
cultivar. There are several others available.