Old 17-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Victoria Clare

"Sue da Nimm" . wrote in
:

"Tracey" wrote in message

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.209...
I'm about to adopt a greyhound. She will be my first dog since
uni, and (in a flurry of fencing and putting up gates) I've started
to think

about
the 'disposal problem'.

snip

After lots of attempts at different solutions we found the
simplest was to dig a pit and drop doggie doos in. These are then
sprinkled with grass cuttings - or anything else - to cover and keep
the flies away. When the pit is threequarteres full we start a new one

How deep are your pits usually? Is a couple of feet enough?

Incidently, we found a marvelous hod and rake at the local Horsey
Haven. It's meant for cleaning up behind horses, but is ideal for
collecting doggie doings without having to bend down.

I shall look out for one - thanks.

Victoria

--
gardening on a north-facing hill