Old 17-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Victoria Clare

Janet Baraclough.. wrote in
:

The message
from Victoria Clare contains these words:

I'm about to adopt a greyhound.

Lovely dogs, but are you sure this is a good breed to combine with pet
rabbits?????????!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the bunnies live in the front garden in a sumptuous dogproof des res,
where I can easily get to them with prunings from the roses and the beech
hedge (they are handy shredders).

The greyhound will initially only see them when she's on the lead, if all
goes to plan, and will have the back garden as her area.

I understand that the greyhound/bunnie thing is mostly down to the instinct
to chase small things that run away, and running away is not really
something Amber and Elise do much. Running *towards*, yes...

I'm not sure there is any perfectly rabbit-friendly dog breed, so in the
end we went with a cat-tested one and hope to train her.

If I'm not planting, I tip the pooh under a hedge or some large pieris,
where I never otherwise garden. The plastic bag then goes in the bin.

Hmm, good. I have many hedges!

Victoria