Old 17-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Alfred Falk

"Jim Carlock" wrote in news:2ds2d.33794$Of3.17936
@tornado.tampabay.rr.com:

Yeah, I've got a good feeling it's a weed. I didn't plant, it just
popped up one day and I decided to let it grow thinking it
would stop at 1 foot, but it's up to 42" now. No buds or
flowers. It looks like one of those things where if you ever
did see it, as in walking through a bunch of brush or a high
grassy area, you'd likely just walk on it and crush it without
ever knowing about it. :-) I probably have seen it on one
of the grassy knolls at the beach here in the Tampa Bay
at one point or another.

It looks familiar to me. Has it flowered? That would be helpful
diagnostically.
My first thought is groundsel (Senecio sp.), some species look quite a
bit like this. Second thought is something in the Goosefoot family
(Chenopodiaceae), can't remember what though. (Reference books not
handy.) Another thought is scentless chamomile.

A L B E R T A Alfred Falk
R E S E A R C H Information Systems Dept (780)450-5185
C O U N C I L 250 Karl Clark Road
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
http://www.arc.ab.ca/ T6N 1E4
http://www.arc.ab.ca/staff/falk/