Old 17-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Roy

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:32:23 -0700, "gregpresley"
wrote:

===It's a great tragedy that you have lost a good part of your canopy - only
===people who have spent a summer in the deep south can appreciate the
===importance of that shield against the incessant sun overhead and the intense
===heat it generates. On the positive side, for a few years at least you will
===be able to grow flowers and crops which don't prosper in the deep shade -
===things like roses - and corn..... Good luck to you in the coming weeks.
==="Roy" wrote in message
t...
=== Good advice but unfortunately most of my trees damaged last night and
=== this morning are only fit for firewood. Its hard to imagine 24" DBH
=== oaks snapping off or uprooting..........Its a very bad sounding
=== noise.......I have lost a heap of trees, all of which will have to be
=== removed, or cut up and the root mass hauled off. Lots of leaners, so
=== they are going as well........It was different, it was unique, it was
=== awesome, but I am just glad its over!
===
===

Yep, but right now I am viewing it as that much less in the way of
leaves and pine straw to fall come Octobrer or November, so my cleanup
then should be relatively quick..........I guess for the most part its
like having them pruned as all the weaker and flimsey stuff is what
got ripped out. I know one thing it sure s a lot brighter around the
house here as well as when I look through the
woods..........especially where some of those larger trees used to be.

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.