Old 17-09-2004, 06:10 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.206...
"ex WGS Hamm" wrote in
:

Stick them down the cesspit or septic tank. Or of you are on the
mains, put them into the inspection tanks which takes your toilet waste
away.

We are on the mains, but the inspection hatch is not so easy to get at

that
I'd want to be lifting it several times a day, I'm afraid.

You don't have to. Get a big bucket, put some bleachy water in and put 3
days worth at a time down the hatch. With only one dog you won't have much
of a problem. I have 7!!

I should clarify and say that as this is a rural area, there are no dog
bins. If I clear up after my pet on local walks, I'm going to have to

take
the results home with me.

I am so rural there is no mains drainage, but we have dog bins. A word to
your local council might produce some dog bins.

Don't compost dog poo.

But why not? What is the reasoning behind the warning, so I can

understand
the risk?

I have a feeling it has to do with the risk of toxicara canis.