Old 14-09-2004, 05:48 AM
Bill

"marengo" wrote in message
Bill wrote:

| That's a foolish diet, you may lose weight for a while, but you may
| also die from clogged arteries, cancer, stroke, heart attack, etc.,
| before the next year is up.
|
| Low carb diet is nothing but a scam.
|
| Bill

Please cite the research to back up your claims.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...opics/lcd.html

There is plenty of research to back up my claim, problem is that fat people
won't believe it. Being fat is being lazy and being lazy means that you are
looking for a panacea.

You can lose weight with any diet, but to lose weight with high fat, low
carbs permanently, you have to die, and die you will, as Dr. Atkins did at
258 lbs with conditions arising from his cardiomyopathy, a lack of blood
flow.

The Bottom Line
Although short-range studies have found that low-carbohydrate diets can
produce weight loss, no study has demonstrated that such diets are safe or
effective for long-term use [11-14,22,23]. Atkins advocated his diet for
more than 30 years and stated that more than 60,000 patients treated at his
center had used his diet as their primary protocol. However, he never
published any study in which people who used his program were monitored over
a period of several years. The recent popularity of low-carbohydrate diets
has encouraged food companies to market low-carbohydrate foods for people
who want to "watch their carbs." Most of these foods are much higher in fat
than the foods they are designed to replace. I believe that "low-carb"
advertising is encouraging both dieters and nondieters to eat high-fat
foods, which is exactly the opposite of what medical and nutrition
authorities have been urging for decades. Following a low-carbohydrate diet
under medical supervision may make sense for some people, but a
population-wide increase in fat consumption is a recipe for disaster.

For Additional Information
a.. American Heart Association Statement on High Protein Diets
b.. atkinsfacts.org: Archive of documents about the Atkins diet

Oh that;s right, you can't -- because it's purely fiction!

LMAO!

The joke is on you fat boy! LOL

Bill
--