Old 17-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Andy Hunt
writes
Getting a bunker made tomorrow too for my back garden/yard, so hopefully by
the end of the day I'll end up with a bunker full of free firewood - a good
start to the winter! Spent £60 on a chain saw though, but I won't need to
spend that again, of course.

I would have thought that logs would take up a lot more room than coal,
you'd have to have a pretty big bunker to keep sufficient wood to last
you for a few weeks.

Perhaps just a tarpaulin over the wood would be better?

I'm going to have the stove running my radiators and hot water cylinder,

That does take a lot of the heat away from the radiated amount into the
room.

think that the extra few particles will be a small price to pay for a cheap,
green, warm and homely heating system in my front room :-)

Couldn't agree more!

janet
--
Janet Tweedy