Old 18-09-2004, 02:08 AM
gromit

Default Hydrangeas

I inherited my garden when I bought the house a couple of years ago,
and am (finally) getting around to doing something with the garden. I
am a novice gardener, but know a few basics as I've been renting all
my adult life and have never had to care for a garden.

I have a small plot (approx 5m x 1.4m) which I am currently preparing
for planting roses. As it's an odd shape, there is some room left
over. I have a hydrangea in a pot which is just starting to become
active. I can recall my parent's house having hydrangeas, but they
were in the garden (not potted). I am wondering if it would be
beneficial for the plant if I transplanted it into some of the spare
area I have in this plot or is it best to leave it in the pot? I want
to move the pot/plant anyway from it's current location.

If I do transplant, what sort of soil preparation will I need to do? I
am located in the northern suburbs of Perth and have typically sandy
soil which I know will need some building up.

Sorry for the 20 questions ) I've been lurking in this group for a
while now and hopefully with get shown the right way. I am quite happy
to do my own research and feel free to provide any links. A google
search has had limited results hence my query here.

TIA

--
Phil
To reply delete "NOTHANKS"