Old 18-09-2004, 06:44 AM
madgardener

Cosmic Muffin..............I just wished a prayer for safety to everyone,
hoping no one got hurt, or killed. I'm not starting up a discussion on what
I do or do not believe in. I believe in the goodness of men, and in fairies
sometimes. Can't I just wish a simple prayer of safety? geeze!
madgardener who got over 8 inches of rain today and lives on top of a ridge
(but Interstate 40 eastbound is closed from mile marker 451 into North
Carolina at the #20 exit because all teh rain made the highway crumble and
come apart)

--
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
"Bill" wrote in message
Always wondered how people gauge the success of their prayers.

If you pray that the hurricane doesn't hit New Orleans and it directly

hits
several smaller towns and spares New Orleans, does that count as a

success?

If you pray that the storm spare your home, but it completely destroys

your
neighbors, is that a success?

If you pray that the storm spare your kids, but it kills other children,

is
that a success?

Hmmmmm, and who is it you are directing this prayer to?

Zeus?
Thor?
Bible God?
Bible God Junior Jesus?