Old 15-09-2004, 04:46 AM
Steve

Nell wrote:
.....I'm just hoping it doesn't infect my paphs, oncs
and whatever others I have.

[sigh]
Norma

Norma, I have had Paphs growing in with the diseased Phals since before
the Phal problem started. The Paphs are healthy and doing fine.
On the other hand, my Dendrobiums developed a spot disease about the
same time the Phals started and it doesn't seem to go away with
fungicides. It behaves quite a bit like the Phal disease. Many of my
Oncidium alliance plants have gone down hill as well but I can't say
their problem resembles the Phal disease. The Dendrobiums and Oncidiums
are normally not in the same area as the Phals but when they are in
bloom I often place them there for a while.

Steve

PS Here's a picture, taken last year, of the Dendrobium disease:
http://stevewilson.homestead.com/fil...e5_31_03_2.jpg
That plant I've had for around 20 years. It was never a great bloomer
but until recent years, it had nearly perfect, unblemished leaves. Now
it seems that every leaf starts in with the spots as the leaf matures.