Old 18-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Chakoteya Chakoteya is offline
Registered User

Location: Kent
Default Really silly goldfish question

but it's as good a way as any to say hi!!

We put in this enormous (8000l) pond last summer, and the fish really like it. So much that last month we spotted 6 black young fish. We weren't trying to breed but well, you know goldfish, the martini's of the pond world (anytime, anyplace, anywhere.)

So the really silly question is - how old/big do they have to get to start turning gold?

They are putting on millimetres by the day, thank goodness, so I don't think the winter fast will do any harm, but I'd love to be able to see them all the time, not just when the sun is on the water.

http://www.luckings.pwp.blueyonder.c...arden/pond.htm

yeah, I know, it needs updating.
Attached Thumbnails
Really silly goldfish question-1599crop.jpg