Old 18-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Lar

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:30:15 -0400, EV wrote:

Lady beetles are carnivorous. They prefer soft bodied insects such as
aphids, but will also eat other bugs, including their own kind. I've
documented them in the larval stage cannibalizing one another. Ladybugs
don't eat fruit or vegetation of any kind ... and that's a good thing.

Most are carnivorous. Mexican bean ladybug, aka Mexican bean beetle
and the squash ladybug are plant feeders. ...I believe the reason the
larvae cannibalize each other is to get a protein that triggers the
the stoppage of the the juvenile hormone that now allows them to
pupate and become an adult.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.