Old 18-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Franz Heymann

"Janet Galpin" wrote in message
The message
from Chris French and Helen Johnson

contains these words:

In message ,

Steve
Gittins writes
I work for Brother in the UK and , although I might be slightly
biased, I've
used P-Touch tapes on flower pots and trays without any

problems..

Is there anything special about this particular model re

gardening, or
is it (As I assume) just a repackaging exercise?

It doesn't seem to be listed on the website.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:

It's on www.touchlabelling.co.uk.

From what I gather, other Brother labellers take the laminated tape
which is what you'd need for gardening, but this particular one is

much
cheaper, smaller and more limited in the kind of labels it produces

than
other machines made by Brother. It seems to be designed just to give

you
strips to stick onto normal cheap plastic plant labels.

I've succumbed and ordered one, so I'll report back when I've had a

go.

A Dymo, obtainable from WH Smith costs a great deal less.

Franz