Old 18-09-2004, 04:46 PM
sharpantiques.com

Default Lifting hostas in Autumn

I am going to put my property on the market soon and wish to take some
of my rare hostas with me. I intend to split them and place them in
containers. The hostas will be in containers for a few months while I
am in temporary accomodation. I intend to lift them soon, this
September, but I am unsure if there is any risk of harming the plants
by lifting them at this time, also, what care I need to take to
protect them over the coming winter and what is the best sort of
container in which to place them, ie, plastic or pot.
I appreciate some askng why I have no knowledge of caring for my
"rare" hostas, but these were placed here by my previous partner who
was more green-fingerd than I. They also hold great sentimental value
to me.
I shall of course be replacing the rare hostas with others of a more
common variety!
Any assistance would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Ian.