Old 18-09-2004, 05:54 PM
William Wagner

In article ,
Lar wrote:

This late in the year I'd be surprised if they will relocate. They
probably won't bother you, but if you happen to cross their new flight
path an encounter and sting is possible. You may want to contact the
property owner, if he hires someone to come remove the fallen tree,
they may be walking into harms was, a warning would be nice. If you
plan on removing them, usually a night attack is best, but if they
happen to be Bald Faced Hornets, which do use trees limbs to locate
their nests, they are a good night time flyer, so precaution is still
needed. Don't have someone hold a flashlight, set it down and have it
pointing where you want it.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Sound Advice from my experience.

I used to wrap/cover the nest up in a plastic trash bag and pull the
cord tight to seal it. Done this many times with my bird houses that
hornets like better. Tree limbs may be a lot different.

Any Doubts ? Wait till later and work elsewhere.

GO SLOW

Bill

--
Zone 5 S Jersey USA Shade