Old 18-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Bill

paghat wrote:

In article , remove munged
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 18:01:36 GMT, "Frank Logullo"
wrote:

The mercury one is really crap. I've got
more mercury in one tooth in my mouth than 1,000,000 fish combined and
I'm still hear to talk about it.

Mercury contamination is a growing problem in game fish, but nothing
compared to the growing problem of dioxin, but harmful levels have only
been found in farm-raised fish. A more injurious problem in wild
populations is the growing levels of dioxins that transfer up the
foodchain & is already killing off killer whales & increasing tumors in
sharks; as humans are also at the top of the food chain, we're inheriting
double-doses of dioxins from eating seafoods as well as from
pesticide-dependent crops. Human behaviors provide the source of these
dioxins: chemical pesticides that find their way into rivers, lakes, &
oceans, plus dioxin as byproduct of waste treatment plants pumping
brownwater right into the oceans.

As for tooth fillings....

I asked my dentist about mercury fillings last week when I was having a
tooth filled.

He said that there is a lot of controversy surrounding the use of mercury
filling, many claims by people about mercury poisoning but nothing
substantiated.

He says his own teeth are filled with the mercury filling, and he recommends
the mercury filling for all teeth except where the "smile" is affected!

Obviously he would make more money with the composite filling.

The Hawke