Old 18-09-2004, 06:20 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Janet Galpin" wrote in message
The message
from Chris French and Helen Johnson

contains these words:

In message ,

Steve
Gittins writes

I've succumbed and ordered one, so I'll report back when I've had a

go.

A Dymo, obtainable from WH Smith costs a great deal less.

Franz

Whilst in my previous existence at sea, the company I worked for bought a
second hand ship, those of us unfortununate enough to have to sail in her
were at something of a disadvantage as the previous owner had been Japanese
so we set about labelling all the valves and switches in English. I left the
ship and rejoined her 5 years later and the dymo tape we used was still good
after all that time even on the open deck where the sea washed over it. The
black tape was best as the other colours fade, red is the worst, but the
glue was the same for all!
I therefore started using dymo in the garden here, but discovered what ever
I stuck it too always became brittle and broke, labelling is still a work in
progress :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk