Old 19-09-2004, 11:16 AM
SVTKate

My grandfather was a gold miner.
"Back in the day" before anyone knew any better, he used quicksilver to
separate the gold out from the quartz.
In his later years, he went crazy. I think it was due to Mercury Poisoning.
I don't even think that they put mercury in thermometers anymore do they?

Kate

http://www.fda.gov/fdac/reprints/mercury.html