Old 19-09-2004, 02:49 PM
enigma

"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

That's sort of what I was thinking: Don't ask, don't tell.
Besides, the neighbors who've been here for 20+ years say
they've never seen deer during the hours when kids would be
out playing and might approach the garden. So, I thought
I'd probably put the electric fence on a timer. I
understand that the fence is unlikely to harm a person, but
tell that to a mommy. If I can point to a timer, all should
be peaceful.

the only way a properly installed electric fence could really
hurt a person is if they had a mechanical pacemaker. we have
electric stock fence on one minute pulse (i went 2 years
before i got a shock & then it was because we had a faulty
ground & the gate got charged. i was barefoot...). Tom hit the
hot wire with his forehead bending over to pick up a rock &
saw some pretty good stars & my 4 year old hit the fence with
his umbrella Saturday. it scared him more than hurt.
yeah, a timer should solve your nanny city problem though.
lee

--
It is paradoxical that many educators and parents still
differentiate