Old 19-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Pam - gardengal

"Greg Miller" wrote in message
om...
I should add that these have one main branch with very little side
branch development. They also sold those bushier, field grown cedars
for about the price you mention.

These are sold around my area as bare-root swamp cedars (Grown in a
swamp and dug). Pretty popular for hedging due to the low price, and
takes a few years to thicken up.

Greg

I don't know what else to tell you - I have never heard of these grown in a
swamp before, as good drainage is typically a requirement for these shrubs.
I still think that size rootball is insufficient to support something that
large and it is pretty late in the season for them to do much root
development before cold weather and frozen soils set in. I would be very
skeptical about their survivability

pam - gardengal