Old 19-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Terry Cox

Thanks and I'd prefer not to use chemicals. Problem is they're swarming
anoud the kids play area which is in back of yard. They do seem to be
calming down a bit, also nest is inside the fallen tree, no clear shot for
chemical spray

or is there any chance they'll relocate elsewhere ??? I'd
call a professional but problem is nest is not on my property but its
causing a major problem in my back yard....Any help will be much
appreciated

Odds are that at night the skunks will tear the nest apart and eat as
many larvae as they can get.
Here frost is just a few weeks away and that takes care of them.
For the most part wasps are benneficial, before you go pesticide crazy
give them a day or two to settle down, you might just be able to
tolerate them.
If you must, Wasp and hornet spray is really all you need, clear
things with the neighbor first, I think a can costs about 3-4$ now and
should be good for more than one nest. Read the label, follow the
directions.