Old 19-09-2004, 03:39 PM
ED REED

Guglielmo Portas Wrote:
"chris" wrote in message
. rogers.com...
i recently reseeded a few parts of my lawn .. about 50% total .. i now
have
lions that came back on parts of the newly seeded and older parts ..
my
question is what can be safely used to get rid of the dandilions
without
killing the new grass that has just started to come up

I don't mean to sound funny, but pulling by hand works for me with new
grass shoots. It doesn't damage surrounding grass and is natural. I
have ~12,000 sq. ft. of grass and hand pull every spring. Yes, it
takes several hours over a couple days, but to me no chemicals is
rewarding (I have little kiddies) and environmentally sound. I *do*
occasionally hit the lawn with WeedBGone and RoundUp and am not a big
tree hugger, but if you don't have too much new lawn, why not hand
pull?

There is a brand new tool out that is used with a cordless drill. It is
called the "dandelion terminator" It is made in the US and sells for
$25.00. The web site is
www.dlt100.com I am the inventor and I use it
all the time.

--