Old 19-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Heidi the Horrible

"Chet Hayes" wrote in message
om...
"Heidi the Horrible" wrote in message

The way I understand it, the injections are useless when root grafting
occurs from a nearby infected tree.

Our arborist told us the tree lived so long because it was isolated from
other elms. Elms in a pack have no chance.

HtH

And doesn't Dutch elm disease take quite a number of years to kill
trees? I recall trees slowly dying over many years here in NJ when I
was a kid. It seems unlikely to me that missing injections from a
couple years ago could lead to the total demise of the tree that
quickly.

I don't really know.

Our tree sprouted leaves this spring and the arborist came in May and said
it was dying. We were surprised to hear that since it looked fine to us. A
month later, all the leaves fell off and the last hurricane nearly brought
it down...lots of bare branches fell off.

In the next couple of weeks, we will bring it down for good.

HtH