Old 19-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Composters: Soilmaker or Biostack

20 years ago, I bought one of your typical square plastic composters with a
lid. The ex-wife has it, so I need another one just like it. I do NOT want
any other kind. In one review of the Soilmaker, the owner said that with
enough material in the box, the sides bowed out and made it hard to slide
the compost removal doors up & down, and that it also affected whether the
lid would fit on again. My old box was thick enough that this never
happened, and perhaps this particular writer made his compost too wet (&
heavy).

As far the the Biostack, I wonder about the fact that the box is built with
a tiered design. Not convinced I want something that's already in too many
pieces.

I'd appreciate opinions from people who own either of these two brands. Not
"types", but THESE SPECIFIC BRANDS.