Old 19-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Alan Gould

In article , sw sw@bewdleybytheriver
..freeserve.co.uk writes
Over the years I have grown tomatoes and had good success, however I have
now been told that they are linked to the arthritic feeling I get in my
hands. I stopped eating them and the feeling went away so there must be
some truth in the matter. (Mores the pity as I love a freshly picked tomato)

This myth has been around for yonks, but AFAIK no proof has ever been
offered for it. Another myth which works for us is that nettle stings
prevent arthritis. We get regular occasional nettle stings and in our
70s we don't have arthritis, so we give the nod to the idea.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.