Old 19-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Alan Gould

In article , ant
writes
Hi
I am thinking of having the whole garden ripped out backfilled and started
again!!
A job far too big for me to undertake as i niether have the time or the
experience not to mention the tools for the job (would be a mini digger
involved)
I am not looking for a fancy garden at the end of it rather just a nice flat
piece of land that i can grass over and let the kids run riot on lol
I am not loaded so need to know ball park figures maybe others have had this
done.
Oh! there is quite a lot of rubbish to get rid off too so would be looking
at a total strip out.
Any comments would be wellcome.

That sounds a rather expensive way of achieving a plain grassed
recreational area, but it is your garden and it is your choice of how to
manage it. If you chose to tackle it yourself, you could make a rock
feature of rubble in one corner and that would leave the rest level
enough to be cleared and grassed. Two hours or so a week with a barrow
would have the job done by next spring for very little outlay.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.