Old 19-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Franz Heymann

"sw" wrote in message
Over the years I have grown tomatoes and had good success, however I

have
now been told that they are linked to the arthritic feeling I get in

my
hands. I stopped eating them and the feeling went away so there

must be
some truth in the matter. (Mores the pity as I love a freshly picked

tomato)

Can anyone suggest a crop that I can grow next year that will take

up a
similar amount of space and be just as nice picked and eaten

straight off
the plant?

Tomatoes.

My wife is 78 and I am 80. We both eat tomatoes and red peppers daily
as major components of our diet. Neither of us suffers from any
arthritis.
My neighbour is 78 and his wife is 75. They both love tomatoes and he
cultivates them intensively in his greenhouse. Neither of them have
ever complained about arthritis.

Franz