Old 19-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Mike Lyle

Chris French and Helen Johnson wrote:
In message , Paul Whitmore
writes
Dear all,

My wife is extremely interested in gardening and is considering
starting her own garden design / consultancy service.

However, before she starts, she would like to gain a gardening
qualification to prove her knowledge, the thing is there seems to

be
quite a few different courses available.

So my question is :- What would be the most "recognised" or

respected
gardeining qualification that someone could acquire ?

TBH, if I was going to employ a garden designer, I don't think I'd

be
that bothered about the qualifications, I'd be more interested in
their experience, their designs, etc.

Where have they worked, what sort of gardening experience, some
examples of their work (preferably see some in the flesh)

I think she should choose a course that will give her what she

feels
she wants and needs

That's sound. But for the confidence of having had some training, and
meeting others in the business, the county college is the place to
start.

Mike.