Old 20-09-2004, 12:56 AM
Richard Cline

In article , "pennyaline"
wrote:

The crows carry walnuts and drop them at various places. They like to
drop them on roadways so that cars will break the nuts. Often their aim
is poor and they drop the nuts in your yard.

I would prefer not to have a walnut tree in my yard. The tree will
inhibit the growth of other trees or plants for a wide area. Nut
production usually depends on spraying the tree.

Dick

Anyway, I remember the walnut seedlings that seemed to spring up from
nowhere in my grandparents' apple orchards every year. Seemed like there
were hundreds of them, and the nearest walnut trees were in a neighbor's
stand of trees more than a mile away.