Old 20-09-2004, 05:42 AM
Sean Houtman

(Mike Lyle) wrote in
om:

As far as converting feces and odors into
substances that the body can use, that would require

lots of
energy. There is already a system where this occurs,

namely the
rest of the environment.

Of course. But I'm enjoying this trip to lunar park. And

the idea
of not needing to eat? Spike Milligan territory, and it

could be
made into a very funny story. But away from surrealist

humo[u]r,
you can't get out more than you put in; and I can't quite
visualize the GM bacteria which would recycle your body-

heat and
exhaled CO2 for you, not to mention trifles like shed

hair, skin,
and nail-clippings. Is it time to get onto sex yet...?

Mike.

You could put some Cyanobacteria in your blood, but you do
need light for them to take care of the CO2. There is some
evidence that many bacteria share plasmids in a sex-like
transaction, so that part is already covered, besides, that
same transaction is how you are going to do the GM.

Sean