Old 06-02-2003, 02:07 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Keeping a Hole Open...an idea...

Another "con" to consider: props foul. If you had floating plants, they
could get caught. Not to mention curious fish. You should see what a prop
does to a manatee's back . . .

Lee

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...
Some people in my area, have electric propellers attached to their docks

keep ice from forming around their docks and heaving the dock up into the
air. A friend of mine installed his this year, and says he has no ice

around
his dock, and his neighbors do. The prop keeps the water moving, and so
keeps it from freezing.

I am thinking we extrapolate this idea to a pond. A small 'lectric motor
driving a prop. Attach the hole mess to a styrofoam donut, with the prop

in
the donut hole. Seems it would be cheap to run, and could be effective.

Hmm,
maybe I need to experiement with this, while it is cold.

Anyone ever used/done something like this?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.