Old 20-09-2004, 06:56 PM
paghat

Default Oo! Pritty! What is it?

A volunteer just appeared in the garden, so it must be something winter
hardy, or it would've appeared earlier than September. Though very, very
tiny so far (one-inch leaves & smaller), they should be easy to recognize
even just by the young leaves, which are quite unique double-lobed things.
Nothing like them has ever popped up in the garden before that I can
recall.

An inch tall at this point, they are golden yellow leaves on short stems
poking staight up from the ground. They're growing in an area that was not
watered during summer but is damp now with rain season started. I'm
MOSTLY certain I never planted anything there, as it is a spot that was
built up with quite a big percentage of unfinished compost & not ready for
plants until next spring.

http://www.paghat.com/images/cooldou...thing_sept.jpg
http://www.paghat.com/images/cooldoubleleaf_sept.jpg

-paghat the ratgirl