Old 20-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Jim Carlock

One other thing to note...

The toxicity of Mercury is more evident when body
weight is lower. This is pretty much a general truth about
all toxic materials. The real meaning is that kids are more
susceptible to poisons than are adults, so what may not
affect you, holds much greater opportunities to affect a
child.

This is true for cigarette smoking as well. I firmly stand behind
the fact that cigarette smoking and second-hand cigarette
smoke represents the leading cause of asthma in children.
And once the lungs are damaged at a young age, they
remain damaged for life. People do not just get asthma
all of a sudden for some unfathomed reason. I will leave
these statements open to debate. :-)

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the newsgroup.