Old 20-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Franz Heymann

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 20/9/04 16:18, in article ,

"Rodger
Whitlock" wrote:

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 18:20:19 +0100, Charlie Pridham wrote:

I therefore started using dymo in the garden here, but discovered

what ever
I stuck it too always became brittle and broke, labelling is

still a work in
progress :~)

Buy aluminum strap, 1/2" x 1/8", cut it in suitable lengths, and
stick your dymo labels on that. But before you stick a label on
the metal, apply a thin coating of contact cement. Between the
label's own adhesive and the cement on the aluminum, a bond forms
that is nearly indestructible.

The one drawback: these labels aren't very suitable for pots, and
they look unsightly in the open garden. OTOH, if you make them a
good foot long, the birds can't fiddle with them.

One other thought has just occurred to me - if one applied a thin

layer of
varnish, even clear nail varnish, to the Dymo tape, I wonder if it

would
help it to be less fade prone?

My guess is that it won't help much. On the bright side, does it
matter if the black dymo tape fades? The embossong ensures that it
can still be read.

Franz