Old 21-09-2004, 02:31 AM
Mike Patterson

Why get a drill & bit, lean over the pond and drill?

Couldn't you just break up the ice with a big stick?

I didn't get my pond reall operating until February, so I'm interested
in seeing what happens during the winter.

The 1" pipe from the pump to the water fall runs about 6" underground
most of the way, I'm wondering if that will affect the tendency of the
pipe to freeze up.

Mike

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:41:08 GMT, wrote:

yes. babies up here in zone 5 do fine over winter with an air hole. you dont really
need to worry about that, or use a cordless drill to make a hole when it does freeze
over. Ingrid

"kc" wrote:

Hi, I have a pond that I inherited when I bought the house last summer. It
seemed to overwinter just fine last year (I left the pump/waterfall on) and
only froze over once. Since it doesn't freeze here very often, I think
I'll probably just put netting over to catch the leaves....my only concern
is I do have a few months-old babies, but hopefully they'll do fine as well?
Kirsten

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin